Friday, April 11, 2014

Crosswind Landings Lesson - Video Update

     Hello all. As I hope you know, my goal is to provide engaging instruction to help you learn the information you need to safely and efficiently fly the airplane. As part of my own continuing education, I am enrolled in a Master degree program in Education Technologies. 

     Through that course I recently discovered that videos, like so many things, come in different formats. ("Formats," for those who don't know, are like languages that different devices use to present the content).

     In my last blog, I introduced information about crosswind landing techniques. In the Power Point title page within the lesson, I inserted a short video. I also added the video to the Cool Places to "visit" gadget in the right column. 

     The included video is of the Boeing Tests of the B777 for crosswind landings. You will see at least two of the techniques discussed in the lesson Power Point being demonstrated. See if you can pick them out.

     So if you were frustrated with not being able to access the lesson's video on your device, try one of the new formats.

     Here are the videos in the different formats -- the first in .avi format:


 Here is the same video in .wmv format:

    
     Hope you enjoy the video as part of the learning experience. Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment