Upon arrival for training, after the Indoctrination Class and before you begin the FTD phase, you will be immersed in CBT lessons and memorizing the 57 pages of Normal Procedures. Stay calm and keep on.
In the Indoctrination Class I explained learning "compartments" of information, I pointed out the panels section in the Flight Crew Ops Manual (FCOM), I discussed the concept behind the flow patterns used, and I offered access to my blog posting regarding preparing for the Oral Exam.
The FTD does a great job in providing a forum for practicing and developing "muscle memory" of the normal procedures. Unfortunately, the FTD only includes the forward, overhead, and center aisle panels of the cockpit. Of course the Full Flight Simulator (FFS) is the actual cockpit on jacks to provide motion. So everything will gel when you get to that phase.
In this post I present a video of the cockpit -- albeit limited -- to help provide perspective of the location of items referred to in the preflight flows. Hopefully you will find it beneficial when you start studying the normal procedures. You can find it by clicking here.
Good luck! Remember, the more you prepare, the "luckier" you will be.
Reference: By the way, the cockpit snapshot is from a video found at:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ai-9pjfug created by Guitargamery Productions.
No comments:
Post a Comment