Saturday, March 8, 2014

INTRO


 
            Hello all! My name is Captain Ron Allyn, and I’ll be your instructor for the next several weeks. When the course starts in a few days I’d like get to know each of you. In the meantime, I’ll start by introducing myself.

            I was born and raised in New York City, USA. After a short couple of years’ prelude into pre-med, applied physics and biology, I realized that aviation is what I wanted to be part of. I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Science in 1971, and began as a Certified Flight, Ground, Advanced Ground and Instrument Instructor.

            Realizing that I wanted to fly for an airline in my career, and without a lot of general aviation opportunities to get the requisite jet experience, I joined the U.S. Air Force. After 7 years on active duty, I was hired by United Airlines. I switched to the U.S. Air Force Reserves and completed 20 years of Air Force duty. Simultaneously I flew for United Airlines for 26 years. Both in the Air Force and the airline, I served as an Instructor Pilot, evaluator, and FAA-designated Line Check Airman. I am type rated in almost all Boeing aircraft. The B777 was the last commercial airplane I flew as a Captain.

I decided to leave the airline earlier than required, and began working at this company. Here I am an Instructor Pilot, Instructor-Mentor, and FAA-designated evaluator. I specialize in instructing the B777 and B787.

            I’ve been married for 37 years (all to the same woman) and have two grown children. Northern California is home and is where I also exercise my knowledge as a real estate Broker with over 30 years’ experience – mostly in the commercial-investment side of operations.

            I love what I do as an Instructor Pilot, and I am excited to be working with you! Let’s kick the tires and light the fires!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment